Sunday, May 13, 2012

"this is better than key lime pie any day and double on sunday"

Hello!  Happy Mother's Day!

Just a little recap of the weekend!

Rygh and I started the weekend with a goof meal at Chili's and some DQ ice cream.  On Saturday, Rygh's best friend, Jonathan, and his parents arrived!  They are staying with us for a few days.  They are from Alabama and we have heard lots of "OH MY's", "Praise the LORD for jalapeno buns" and lots of other funny sayings.

I made Chicken Enchiladas, refried beans, and Mexican corn for dinner!  We started off the meal with fresh guacamole that went pretty quick!  The chicken enchiladas recipe came off of Pinterest.  I left out the avocados because I wanted to freeze some and wasn't sure how avocados would freeze once sliced.   We had our first meal out on our screened in porch!  It was a bit chilly but very nice!

Guac......if you put the nut in the guacamole after you make it, it helps it stay green longer!


our screened in porch set for dinner!
.....had to put a candle in a vase to keep it lit!


I got to use my new cool plate... it has interchangeable decor!  Tonight I used a sombrero but I also have a cupcake, hamburger, Easter egg, and many other cute pieces to make a meal special! 


We ended dinner with Baked Smores!  This recipe got rave reviews and was perfect with a glass of milk!
http://www.theaprongal.com/2011/11/baked-smores.html



tasty! 



Today, we had egg casserole and cinnamon and sugar donuts for breakfast.  Rygh's parents were in town for a sheep dog trial so they joined us for a big breakfast!  After breakfast, Rygh's parents left and we headed to Harvey for church.  Jonathan's mom had a hankering for jalapeno buns from Hard 8 so thats were we had our Mother's Day lunch!  This afternoon we spent looking at cows, shooting shotguns, playing football, and just talking.  

Dinner tonight was sloppy joes and chips!

pretty girls.




buster enjoying the sun on the tailgate.


I caught someone sleeping on the swing.  it was such a beautiful day! 



I just wanted to say a special Happy Mother's Day to all the Moms but especially to my mom and my mother in law!  Yall are the best and we love you very much!






Have a great week!  I start work tomorrow!

Lyn




No comments:

Post a Comment