Thursday, May 10, 2012

cookies and cards

Hello!

Today, I baked Cowboy Cookies!  Rygh and all of his friends love these cookies!  They contain chocolate chips, coconut, pecans, and oats!  I'm not a huge fan of coconut but I love it in these cookies!  Check out the recipe here!

http://www.christmas-cookies.com/recipes/recipe524.laura-bushs-cowboy-cookies.html

Just beware that this recipe makes a lot of cookies!  It also makes too much to mix all of it in a Kitchen Aid Mixer so get out your muscles!




Another thing I did today....I made an album containing all of the cards we got from our wedding, showers, and the in between!  We had lots of cards!  We are blessed to know so many great people that want to support us! 


First off, I hole punched all of the cards.  Many of the cards are different sizes... I decided to make my cover to have three hole punches.  On the larger cards, I double hole punched them.  On the smaller cards, I just put one hole in each card.  


I used ribbon to hold the cards together.  I threaded each card to fit appropriately.  The bigger cards I threaded through the top two holes.  The smaller cards I threaded through the middle.  The little note cards that come on gift bags, I threaded them through any of the holes, depending on where I needed more volume.  



After, all the cards were threaded, I added a back cover page using scrapbook paper.  I tied the ribbon in a knot.  It's important to tie the knot pretty tight that way the cards won't shift too much.  


Lastly, I gathered up some of the materials we used for the wedding... our save the date, sticker, stamps, well wishes card, and cookie sack.   I used all of the above and made a cover! Here is the finished product!




I like having all the cards, notes, and well wishes in one place!  It's kind of a fun reminder of our engagement period, showers, and wedding! 

Well, Shepperd's Pie is in the oven for dinner and we are having friends over!  Hope everyone has a great night!  We are hoping for a good storm tonight!

Lyn 

1 comment:

  1. so cute!! a great idea for a memory keeper! I didn't know Rygh liked coconut! Nor did I know he liked Shepperd's Pie!

    It's raining here now!

    Love MOM F

    ReplyDelete